Are you considering starting a farm? Adam Klaus from Bella Farm has some great, practical advice for you.
[Content protected for Lifetime, Yearly, Monthly members only] [Content protected for Lifetime, Yearly, Monthly members only]
More info on Adam Klaus and Starting A Farm:
Today Adam Klaus joins me to talk about the reality of starting a farm. Some of the main talking points are:
- The diversity of Bella Farm is one of its greatest assets
- How this diversity leads to a two-fold profit increase. First by lowering overhead expenses and second, how the products are raised on the farm in an integrated, beautiful way
- The “myths” of starting a farm (it’s not all sunshine and lemonade)
- Should you have an off farm job when embarking down this path?
- Site selection. What to avoid and what to look for when selecting a property
- Emotional Investment – Really great to hear Adam’s take on this, not many folks talking about this
- Early planning on starting a small family farm and how it leads to success down the road
- The reality of the communities perception of you and your farm
- Adam’s marketing suggestions
About Bella Farm:
Bella Farm is a Biodynamic family farm. We milk Brown Swiss dairy cows for our raw milk herdshare program. We grow a market vegetable garden, a peach and apricot orchard, free range chickens, and a year round greenhouse of specialty crops.
Thanks Adam for your openness and honesty when it comes to starting a farm, especially starting a farm from scratch!