Grant has navigated the maze of USDA, NRCS and FSA funding. He received $130k in 2013 to grow his business. He is also pioneering Keyline Design using new technology.
[Content protected for Lifetime, Yearly, Monthly members only][Content protected for Lifetime, Yearly, Monthly members only]
Resources on Keyline Design, NRCS funding & USDA funding:
Advanced Farm and Homestead Design with Ben Falk Info:
May 22-26, 2014 · Memorial Day Weekend
VersaLand Farm, Iowa City, IA 52240
Every workshop participant receives a FREE autographed copy of The Resilient Farm and Homestead with course registration!
Are you SERIOUS about designing your farm or homestead for optimal use and enjoyment?
Advanced Farm and Homestead Design is a 5-day intensive workshop about creating awesome homesteads. Lead instructor Ben Falk is equal parts Landscape Architect, Builder, Designer, Author, and Homesteader. For those familiar with his best-selling book The Resilient Farm and Homestead, this workshop will expand far beyond what the book can contain. Every attendee will receive a FREE autographed copy of Ben’s book (You can make notes in the margins with all the real-world knowledge in this course) Along with Ben, adjunct instructors include other leading practitioners, farmers, and do-ers, covering topics from fermentation to Keyline design.
This course presents advanced material well beyond a typical Permaculture Design Course (PDC), and is focused for those who will live with functional farm and homestead ecosystems.
This course is for those who want to live a resilient, rewarding life on their own abundant homesteads. The Advanced Farmstead Design course teaches a broad scope of skills and concepts you MUST HAVE.
- Buildings Home and farm site selection, energy systems, construction, insulation, and building integration.
- Energy on and off grid from wood heat to solar, passive to active.
- Materials Evaluate building materials for your climate and geography – from timber to stone, modern to traditional.
- Water for landscapes, people, and livestock. Plan and survey ponds, swales, and terraces.
- Infrastructure Roads, fencing, pipelines, and power. Where, why, and how.
- Food Production Food, medicine, and fuel in a real-world production system.
- Keyline Design Hosted on-site of one of North America’s largest developing Keyline systems.
- Resiliency Learn the tools and techniques that cultivate self reliance, vibrant livelihoods, and resilient health.
- Food Preservation including fermenting, root cellaring, butchery, and drying.
- Health Medicinals, herbs, and food medicine, wildcrafted and cultivated health for you and your family.
- Polyculture Crops Silvopasture and agroforestry. Fruit to nuts, apples to seaberries.
- Mushroom Production Inoculate logs for mushroom production – learn multiple systems of production (and how to generate your own spawn)
- Tools Resilient methods and tools for harvesting and building including chainsaw, axe, scythe, and more.
- Appropriate Technology from low tech to high tech.
- and more…
On/Off-Grid Electric Tractors, Independent Electricity Generation (Photovoltaic, Wind, and Micro-hydro)Perennial Field Crops
Food, Timber, and FuelNutraceuticals
Nature’s SuperfoodsAutomated Grazing Management
Healthy, Happy Animals = Healthy, Happy HumansThe future of humanity is based upon food. We believe that enhancing natural systems via holistic management and appropriate technology is the key to creating sustainable fortunes. Our management approach delivers resilient rewards while strengthening our natural biological environment.
Big thanks to Grant for helping us navigate the maze of NRCS funding, USDA funding and Keyline Design.