Join me today for an interview with Mark Bader as we discuss cattle biology, rumen function, feed efficiency and feeding free choice minerals. Mark has extensive knowledge about the chemistry and biology happening inside a cow. You simply can’t miss this interview.
- Mark’s background and education
- What is energy when we are talking about grazing?
- What is the ideal protein to energy ratio?
- What can we do to ensure the proper ratio?
- Can you talk about the pH of the urine. Why is it important? How quickly can we change pH with our management?
- How does the rumen work?
- What are Free Choice Minerals?
- What mineral programs do you have?
- 8 choice mineral program, 16 choice mineral program, 20 mineral program and Cornerpost and Free Choice Mineral Feeders
- Mark explains how beef and dairy cattle can overeat, and how you can reduce your feed costs and increase feed efficiency by feeding Cornerpost
- Mark’s website, Free Choice Minerals
Please remember you can subscribe to Ag Insights by going here. Thank you Mark!