Join me today for an interview with Jake Hartnett who has been an intern with Greg Judy since January 2012. Jake and I were both interns for Greg at the same time.
- Jake’s background and how he got involved in ranching
- His recommendations to someone considering doing an internship
- What has been the most challenging issue for Jake while interning
- How can you “make it” financially during an internship?
- What is the required “base knowledge” people should have before interning?
- What are some things that you’ve learned during your internship that you couldn’t have learned from a book or conference?
- How will this internship benefit you down the road?
- Do you feel confident in starting your own ranching operation now that you’ve done an internship?
- What is your advice to individuals considering an internship, but are unsure?
- Do you have any advice to beginning farmers and ranchers?